Rede Novo Tempo
The Novo Tempo network is formed by 18 radio stations in 10 Brazilian states, reaching 893 cities. It is also present in other countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Falklands Islands, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay. In Brazil, according to information given by the network, their audience is composed mainly by the middle class (middle to lower income – 65%), followed by higher classes (high income – 25%); 70% of their audience is female; 50% are above 50 and 26% between 35 and 49 years old. The network’s first station was inaugurated in 1989, in the city of Afonso Cláudio, Espírito Santo state interior. The network transmission began in 1995 from Vitória, the state capital. From 1996 to 2005, the network’s headquarters was set in Nova Friburgo (Rio de Janeiro state) and, since then, the transmissions are broadcast from Jacareí (São Paulo state).
Their programming is divided into the following segments: Spirituality, Music, Economy, Actualities, Health, Journalism, Testimonies and Family. The most important programs are: A Voz da Profecia, oldest religious program in Brazil, founded in1943 and currently hosted by pastor Ivan Saraiva, with the participation of the quartet Arautos do Rei; Clube da Música, about the backstage of gospel music; Redescobrindo, with 1960s to 80s musical hymns; Anjos da Esperança, in which pastor Laerte Lanza presents life stories and testimonies; the Bible studies programs Bíblia Fácil, Lições da Bíblia, Na Mira da Verdade, Encontro com Profecias and Reavivados pela Palavras; programs about family like Consultório da Família and Pais e Filhos; thematic programs such as NT Saúde, NT Ecologia, Sempre Mulher and Seu Cardápio; and Contracultura, defined as a program “for you, who likes to think different, always guided by God’s word”. The musical programming benefits from another Igreja Adventista operation, the recorder Novo Tempo, with a cast of 23 groups and artists, the most important of which is the quartet ministry Arautos do Rei, which, since 1943, with different formations has recorded 45 albums and 6 DVDs. However, the most famous of Igreja Adventista are currently member of other recorder’s cast, such as Leonardo Gonçalves (Sony Music), Os Arrais (Sony Music) and Daniela Araújo (Som Livre).
The stations radio news bulletin, Conexão NT, has a group of commentators:
- Suhad Nasser (external commerce, international relations and Arabic culture specialist, has worked at Embraer – Brazilian Aeronautics Company, at IAEA-ONU [International Atomic Energy Agency] and is a member of the group REDEAGENTES – External Commerce Agents of the MDIC – Ministry for Development, Industry and Exterior Commerce);
- Rudá Ricci (sociologist and political scientist, general director at Instituto Cultiva, member of the Brazilian Budget Forum and of the International Observatory on Participatory Democracy, author of "Lulismo - da era dos movimentos sociais à ascensão da nova classe média brasileira" (“Lulismo – from the age of social movements to the ascension of the new Brazilian middle class”) and "Nas ruas - a outra política que emergiu em junho de 2013" (“On the streets – the other politics that arose in June, 2013”, among others;
- Rodrigo Udo Zeviani, History, Philosophy and Sociology professor, graduated and master in Political History and History at the State University of Maringá and a member of Laboratório de Estudos do Tempo Presente (Present Time Studies Lab);
- Ricardo Vargas, nutricionist and coordinator on the technical course on Nutrition and Dietetics at the Associação Paulistana of IASD (Adventist Church of the Seventh Day).
- Paulo Barradas, specialist in constitutional and consumer law and professor at the Amazonia University.
- Michelson Borges, journalist graduated at UFSC (Federal University of Santa Catarina), master in Theology at Unasp, member of the Brazilian Creationist Society, reports on the backstage of media;
- Denise Dias, musical therapist, educator, psycho-pedagoge, specialist in psychosomaticas and Behavior Analysys Applied to Autism (ABA) graduated at UFSCarl (Federal University of São Carlos);
- Alfredo Meneguetti, professor at PUC-RS (Rio Grande do Sul Pontifical Catholic University) and economist at the Fundação de Economia e Estatística;
- Wélida Dancini, consultant and author of the book “Sucesso em Dose Dupla: Empreendedores e Colaboradores podem chegar juntos ao topo” (Two times success: Entrepreneurs and Collaborators can reach the top together”).
The radio online portal promotes actions and campaigns and discloses ECAD (Central Office for Collection and Distribution – a Brazilian copyright collection agency) reports for the songs played in the radio. It also has a link for the Anjos da Esperança portal, a fund raising campaign dor Rede Novo Tempo projects, that claims not to broadcast any commercial advertisement.
Media Companies / Groups
Seventh-day Adventist Church
Rede Novo Tempo is controlled by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Seventh-day Adventist Church
Rede Novo Tempo de ComunicaçãoRod. SP 66 Km 86 Nº 5876 – Jacareí – SP – CEP 12340-010Fone: 12-21273000 / Fax: 12-21273001
Revenue (in Mill. $)
Operating Profit (in Mill. $)
Advertising (in % of total funding)